Main Menu
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Who's Online
17 user(s) are online (15 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 17

more...
Contribute to Hosting!
If you like this site, and would like to give something in return, you can make a donation! Your donation will be used to help me pay for hosting, as i'm making no other money from this site at all, and life is hard as a student sometimes
Contributers: julesnash, stormuk, Bisque, 2 Anonymous...
Online History

Gryphon817
3 hours 15 minutes ago

Timmathy
4 hours 15 minutes ago

JPrince2
6 hours 30 minutes ago

SydneyE4
7 hours 37 minutes ago

Troubador
7 hours 52 minutes ago

Bernd
11 hours 58 minutes ago

kaylesmal
12 hours 18 minutes ago

bandbox4
13 hours 40 minutes ago

Ocean37
15 hours 13 minutes ago

yipho622
15 hours 26 minutes ago
Advertisements
Site Info
Webmasters
fishsponge
fishsponge

Recommend Us
Site Disclaimer
Please read our Site Disclaimer...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

« 1 (2)

Re: Music DVDs
Home away from home
From Cyprus
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks,i will give it a try.Who knows !

Posted on: 2006/7/19 16:10
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer
Report Top

Just popping in
From Portsmouth, England
Group:
Registered Users
Cool, If you get it then I'll be interested in what you think. And if you liked it then I have plenty of suggested DVD's/CD's along the same lines. I may even quote the product id's ala stereophile Happy listening/watching Yiangos

Posted on: 2006/7/19 16:39
Report Top

Home away from home
From Cyprus
Group:
Registered Users
Hi JDKev

Just ordered it from play.com
I believe i will have it before the end of next week.I'll let you know.One think i believe it will make quite a difference,is,at least most of the tunes have to be familiar.If the guy plays some new wave music i have no idea about,then the effect is pointless.

Posted on: 2006/7/20 17:07
Report Top

Webmaster
From Cambridge, UK
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
talking of play.com, in future, if you or anyone else you know decides to buy something from play.com, you could do it in such a way that i get commission (which will, of course, help keep this site up and running! ).

If you wanna buy stuff in such a way that i get commission on all of your purchases, please either CLICK HERE or use the following URL:

http://shopping.mongeese.co.uk/

That's my shopping site!

You don't have to though, of course...

Posted on: 2006/7/20 18:03
Yamaha RX-V357 AV receiver, Technics SL-PG490 CD player, Cambridge Audio DAB300 DAB radio, Pioneer DV-575A DVD/DVD-A/SACD player, Wharfedale Valdus 400 Fronts, KEF Cresta Center, Mission 733i surrounds, Eltax Atomic A-10 sub and Toshiba 37Z3030D 37" LCD TV.

[Richard Hobbs]
Report Top

Just popping in
From Portsmouth, England
Group:
Registered Users
For Yiangos :

I would guess all music is unfamiliar until you have heard it for the first time.
If you went for the DVD then there is a live set on there from the TDK festival (which is
a) more upbeat b) more visual). Plus a couple of traditional music videos. All in Dolby 5.1.
I'm a bit of a gambler when it comes to music. If I like the cover I will buy it. Needless to
say I have bought some stinkers over the years but have also bought some absolute gems.
I decided to buy some of the full tracks featured on the DVD to try and work out which
parts were used. So in fact I can lend help in giving you an idea of what the DVD is like
before you get it : https://www.beatport.com/default.php . If you search for Minus in the
top right search field it should bring up a list of releases. River Camping EP by False is
one you may want to listen to as it features on the DVD. You'll get about a 2 minute clip
of each track at 320kbps (MP3).

The guy who does the DVD is Ritchie Hawtin and his production moniker is Plastikman. It
would be my next suggestion if you like the DVD/CD. The audible frequency of the Closer/Consumed
CD's is very wide and might well test a few loudspeakers. None of it is "Bosh Bosh" music.

For FishSponge :

Thanks for the link. If it contributes to the site, maybe it is worth putting in you signature?
I'll use it next time I order something from play.com

Posted on: 2006/7/21 8:24
Report Top

Webmaster
From Cambridge, UK
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
that's not a bad idea kev, but unfortunately, my signature is already quite full... i might be able to squeeze it in without making it all look huge though... i'll give it a go a bit later on

Posted on: 2006/7/21 9:26
Yamaha RX-V357 AV receiver, Technics SL-PG490 CD player, Cambridge Audio DAB300 DAB radio, Pioneer DV-575A DVD/DVD-A/SACD player, Wharfedale Valdus 400 Fronts, KEF Cresta Center, Mission 733i surrounds, Eltax Atomic A-10 sub and Toshiba 37Z3030D 37" LCD TV.

[Richard Hobbs]
Report Top

Home away from home
From Cyprus
Group:
Registered Users
Hey JDKev

Got the cd/dvd this morning and allready watched it.If i remember well,i said i enjoyed Roger Water's "Amused to death" and you recommended this.What made you think i might like it ? lololololol
Don't worry though.Actually,i never liked "electronic" music and to be honest,i knew the moment you reccommended it,i wasn't gonna like it but had to give it a try ! Thanks anyway buddy ! :)

Posted on: 2006/7/25 13:17
Report Top

Just popping in
From Portsmouth, England
Group:
Registered Users
Ah, I had a strange inkling you may not have liked it. Thinking maybe too linear?. There is however a connection between Pink Floyd/Roger Waters and Ritchie Hawtin apart from the PF influencing a lot of electronica. And that is that both have pushed the boundaries of music at one time or another. PF with quadrophonic sound and early lighting displays, and Ritchie Hawtin creating new soundscapes from many fragments from other artists and also completely redesigning how the A&H mixers should work. Another link could well be mind-influencing substances too

I think the only things that I have found I don't like so far are Exp. Jazz (the stuff that sounds like a 5 year old has picked up a sax), classical (though I am trying to aquire a taste for it) and Ragga/Rap. I have always been a metalhead, so Metallica S&M suits me down to the ground. Even Apocalyptica plays Metallica (on 4 cellos) I can handle. Kind of classical plays metal :D

Posted on: 2006/8/1 13:04
Report Top

Home away from home
From New Forest, UK
Group:
Registered Users
Since my original post I have upgraded my audio/visual set up (prefer the term to home cinema). And I have added a few more concert DVDs. These include Metallica, Pink Floyd,AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Robbie Williams, Celine Dion, Alison Kraus and Diana Krall. And some others. Some purists turn their noses up at music DVDs. Not me. I am delighted with my collection and the sound quality. Always on the look out for other suggestions for live concerts on DVD.

Posted on: 2009/7/27 17:50

Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hey does anyone tell me whereto get the music quality HD video DVD in reliable prices. It is also must to have music lyrics on the video.

Please tell me as soon as possible.

thanks!

Posted on: 4/13 11:58
Report Top

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic
« 1 (2)

Register To Post

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Click to help keep HiFi Forum up and running!